Andys Thoughts

I need to take time for the Lord, So often I don't. I long to live in his rest but what will it take. So What does rest mean to me... Release Everything Starting Today!!! When does it happen... Right now, and again now, and again in a couple of minutes and again.. you get the picture.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thetis Island, British Columbia, Canada

Hi my name is Andy Wouda, I live on Thetis Island B.C. I like it very much here. I'm a cook at a little Bible School (Capernwray Harbour) where I feed all the students and some of the staff. I do all this because I love the Lord Jesus Christ, who Lives in me and longs to live through me (if you want to know more ask me) I have been wanting to start a blog for a while. I want to talk about food, and a few other things that might come up a long the way. I hope you enjoy all that you see and hope to see you soon. Oh if you want these are some more thoughts.

  • Andys Thoughts
  • Andys Home
  • Monday, February 13, 2006

    Stuck in your ways!!!

    Jesus Said,

    Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.



    At that time Jesus answered and said, "I praise Thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that Thou didst hide these things from {the} wise and intelligent and didst reveal them to babes. "Yes, Father, for thus it was well-pleasing in Thy sight. "All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son, except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal {Him.} "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." Matthew 11:25-30

    I was thinking about being stuck in my ways, I want things my way, in a nice little box wrapped with a bow. It just works better for me this way. I think with that in mind I tend to let things build up and up until I can't even see any more. REST, this is the big word that I need to grab on to, not even the word it self but the concept of it. Jesus said that he would give me rest and as a result I won't need to have things in nice little boxes but it would all be in him. Take time today to seek him. Every day we have this choice to continue to do our own things or to rest. Today choose Rest. It will make a world of difference.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home