Andys Thoughts

I need to take time for the Lord, So often I don't. I long to live in his rest but what will it take. So What does rest mean to me... Release Everything Starting Today!!! When does it happen... Right now, and again now, and again in a couple of minutes and again.. you get the picture.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thetis Island, British Columbia, Canada

Hi my name is Andy Wouda, I live on Thetis Island B.C. I like it very much here. I'm a cook at a little Bible School (Capernwray Harbour) where I feed all the students and some of the staff. I do all this because I love the Lord Jesus Christ, who Lives in me and longs to live through me (if you want to know more ask me) I have been wanting to start a blog for a while. I want to talk about food, and a few other things that might come up a long the way. I hope you enjoy all that you see and hope to see you soon. Oh if you want these are some more thoughts.

  • Andys Thoughts
  • Andys Home
  • Thursday, February 02, 2006

    That's no big fish!!

    And walking by the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon who was called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. And He *said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." And they immediately left the nets, and followed Him. And going on from there He saw two other brothers, James the {son} of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and He called them. And they immediately left the boat and their father, and followed Him. (Matthew 4:18-22)

    Where in the Bible does it say "you except Jesus and then Life will be good and you can do what you want" or "You do your best and Let Jesus do the rest" I'm not so sure, for my self I have been looking for it and I can't find it. I was reminded today that we come to the ends of our selves and see that we can't live our lives with out Jesus. At that point we come to Him and think we should just live, but really what does Jesus say in the passage? He calls these guys to follow Him, at that point he tells them that they will be fishers of Men.

    But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. And when they saw Him, they worshiped {Him}; but some were doubtful. And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. " (Matthew 28:16-20)

    I wonder what he really meant, I mean this does not really apply to me does it? I'm a cook, not a pastor or a missionary! NO NOT AT ALL this applies to all of us, He calls us to him self and then tells us to preach the word, does this mean that we will all be Pastors or out in the Mission field, Well depends on what the mission field is, and what the pulpit really is! As far as I'm concerned the Kitchen is the mission field. Summerland is, Canada is!!! We need not be to comfortable in what we have. We seek Jesus in faith, that means we believe him to lead us and to work through us! Oh yeah it is that simple, we just try to make it hard, that's the problem, we make it a hard thing, when Jesus says to us, Let me live through you!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home